Is there a way to tell time in the game?
I see the date, but is there a way to otherwise judge time of day?
Simple Answer is no. Just the date change.
(07-05-2014, 04:24 PM)billyplod Wrote: Simple Answer is no. Just the date change.

Is there a more complicated answer that would allow for determination if events are occurring at the same specific time of day?

Another related question is if there is a specific time of day for all cities at which the snapshot supply readings are taken?
there is a hourglass at the date, which is animated. So you can use the sand as a rough indicator for the ingame time.
but i don't know the specific time for events...
I believe that supply and auto purchases are made at End Of Day - but the only way to determine rough time of Day is to measure from date change to date change at the game speed your running at. About 3.5 Minutes at 0.1 Speed.

I've only ever used time measure that accurate if I'm against a deadline on a Mission
(08-05-2014, 04:26 PM)Dorimil Wrote: there is a hourglass at the date, which is animated. So you can use the sand as a rough indicator for the ingame time.
but i don't know the specific time for events...

I checked again, but I don't see an hourglass next to the date. What you are describing would be useful. Im looking by the date on the right side of the screen.
There is no hourglass in RoV - there is in the other GM games - Port Royale 3 and Patrician 4 - screenshot below.

[Image: http://www.image-share.com/upload/2544/61m.jpg]
ups....i have been sure that there is one...
(12-05-2014, 11:43 AM)Dorimil Wrote: ups....i have been sure that there is one...
Every other Ascaron and GM trading game had one.