Problems reinforcing a convoy with a new ship or a ship with extra sailor
Hi.

This is my first mail in that Forum. I am Spanish, please excuse my bad English. I beg excuses too if I do not use the same technical word that the game uses, because I am playing a game translate to Spanish. I´ll try to translate them to English.

I am playing Rise of Venice and enjoying it, but I meet some problems, because the Spanish Manual is very poor in details. May anybody help me? Thank you. I published this questions in Steam Forum, where Daan_Hugo is helping me (Thanks, Daan!), but I think than as far as I extend the search for solutions, the better for getting answers.

1) I have build a new ship in Venice in order to reinforce my uncle Marco convoy. She is a "Velero árabe" (Arabian sailing ship). The construction take 20 days. The construction starts March 4. At March 27 I see the ship on the port. If I click on the light tower, where the pilot is, I see tree windows: "convoy", "equipment", and "ships". The new ship is in the "ships" window.

Well, I drove uncle´s Marco convoy to Venice port and it appeared at "convoy" port window. But the new ship may not be moved to it. I am absolutely unable to put she inside the convoy. If I dissolve the convoy, now I had two ships in the "ships" window, the new one and the brigantine of uncle´s Marco convoy. If I click on brigantine, a new window emerges asking me to make a new convoy, but if I click on the new ship, the window not appears. Why?

2) By the way, the brigantine has a little anchor icon just on the right side of the boat picture and the word "Venice". I Think that means the ship is anchored at Venice. Bur the new ship has not an anchor icon but a pirate symbol (the skull and the bones) and a telescope and the word "Venice (11.0)" What that minds?

3) How I do in order to reinforce the sailors crew of a ship? (Extra sailors) The Manual says if a ship is anchored in a port I can get 5 extra sailors by every gun, but don't explain how I do it.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
(02-07-2014, 08:36 AM)PapaX3 Wrote: I published this questions in Steam Forum, where Daan_Hugo is helping me (Thanks, Daan!), but I think than as far as I extend the search for solutions, the better for getting answers.

you expect better answers than from one of the developer of that game?! Big Grin

1) ususally you select the convy, then cklick on the lighthouse and add the ship via drag and drop

2) the little icon usually means, that this ship/convoy is a pirate and sail at Venice.

could you build a new convoy with your new ship? sail to another town and come back. its just to reset its "mood". then delete the convoy and add the ship to uncle Marco
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
Hi!

I just answered your thread at the steam board ^^

Best regards,
Daan
Hi.

So Daan is a developer? Very good, by San Pitopato! I have got the best way to answer my questions. But any help coming from the gamers is very important and welcome too, because they watch the game and the problems from other point of view, sometimes more detailed than a developer, I think. Thank you to everybody.

Well, knowing that, I´ll compromise myself by the same task I took playing EGOSOFT "Rebirth": to write a ANEXUS text detailing the way to resolve any problem I meet. Of course, in Spanish. In that case I need not to translate the Manual. My preceding work was published at EGOSOFT Forum.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-E0DnX...sp=sharing

(My nickname there is "Letor")

And now let's go to the questions.

1) Because of the answer of Daan, I suspect the ship was not finished March 27, because there is a big hammer over the shipyards hammering the roof. The ship is not finished because some materials the shipyard needs to make up the ship are "metal articles" and "ropes". This materials still are no available for me because my low rank ("Mercader" Trader?) If true, may be this why the ship cannot be joint to a convoy. She is at Venice "port", but not finished. Am I right?

By the way, if shipyards has not available some materials, must I get it for them?

The action Daan and Dorimil said may not be done, because if I select the convoy and then the harbour master, the new ship is not available at the "port" window.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=279862243

2) I only have two convoys, the mine one (Da Gama is my name), anchored at Venice, and uncle's Marco one, sailing peacefully, not fighting. Here is an image of my new ship, of course not part of a convoy. You can see the little icon I said. At this save, the word and number are "Venice (9.2)"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=279862264

3) I get solve this problem. The way is: Town/Information/Equipment/

Now I must take on board a spy and translate to Constantinople. If I cannot make up new ships, I´ll reinforce my tree ships at maximum of guns, weapons and sailors and then put them together in a strong convoy. But if I get up the rank level by trading, new material will be available for me... and shipyards!... Humm! I had a lot of work to do, by San Pitopato!

Probably from now on I´ll choose Calypso Forum for mailing.

Thank you very much.

Regards
it doesnt matter if you are not able to trade those goods. if you order a ship at the harbour they buy the material from the market. if you can not deliver these goods, the KI will do (but it will probably took longer than if you do it on your own Wink )
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
Hi.

Please, does the hammer indicate the ship is still in process? That's the question! because if the ship is still taking up, it explain why I cannot include her in a convoy. If not, what the hammer indicates?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Yes - the Hammer shows that the ship is still being built - but there is no indication if the shipyard has all the goods required to build it. You have to do those checks yourself.